⭐ See my Q&A and WhatsApp Blogs ✨ (For bible questions and post responses) ✨

Paul's Credibility (P5)

Paul's Credibility
(Part 5)

Paul made some incredible claims in his writings. He claims to be the "mater builder", "the Apostle to the Gentiles" and encourages his converts that they should "imitate and follow him". In this short series we will investigate these claims and determine how Paul could say such bold things.

This study will bring validity and confirmation to the credibility of Paul and to the scriptures he was inspired to write to the Body of Christ.

This is Part 5. To gain the full context of this article, start in Part 1 here.


Paul could claim these because he was the spearhead

Paul was the first to receive the mysteries

Ephesians 3:1 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles— 2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, 3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), 5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit... 7 of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power. 8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;


As the first one redeemed by grace into the Body of Christ (as a pattern)

1 Timothy 1:15-16 It is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief (first/foremost). But for this reason, I obtained mercy, in order that in me first*, Christ Jesus might show all patience (longsuffering) as a pattern** to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.

* Paul was the "first"? The first of what? The only sensible answer is the first member of the Church the Body of Christ (as the only other group of believers God has in His Word is the redeemed nation Israel, and Israel is fallen at this point). Many have been saved before Paul, but he was the "first" to be saved in a new program of salvation by grace (without works). 

** Paul formed a prototype of those who would follow him in salvation by the "pattern" Christ set in him. Those following being the Church, the body of Christ, saved by grace alone.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Be followers of me even as I am of Christ.


As a father through the gospel

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 16 Therefore I urge you, imitate me. 

(See also: Philippians 3:17, 1 Thessalonians 1:6, 1 Corinthians 14:37)

(Continue with Part 6 of this study here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment