⭐ See my Q&A and WhatsApp Blogs ✨ (For bible questions and post responses) ✨

Paul's Credibility (P4)

Paul's Credibility
(Part 4)

Paul made some incredible claims in his writings. He claims to be the "mater builder", "the Apostle to the Gentiles" and encourages his converts that they should "imitate and follow him". In this short series we will investigate these claims and determine how Paul could say such bold things.

This study will bring validity and confirmation to the credibility of Paul and to the scriptures he was inspired to write to the Body of Christ.

This is Part 4. To gain the full context of this article, start in Part 1 here.

Paul could claim the scriptures below because of Apostolic authority.

The Lord Himself sent Paul. (Definition of apostle: one sent [on a mission])

Acts 22:21 Then He [the Lord] said to me, Depart, for I will send you far from here to the Gentiles.

The Jerusalem apostles recognized Paul as an apostle to the Gentiles

Galatians 2:9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

Peter included Paul's writings alongside with the prophets and apostles.

2 Peter 3:15-16 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures. (for context see: 2 Peter 3:1-2)

Paul's Personal Confession

Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle (not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father who raised Him from the dead),

Romans 11:13 I am speaking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry…

Miracles (were a sign of apostleship)

Acts 19:11-12 Now God worked unusual miracles by the hands of Paul, 12 so that even handkerchiefs or aprons were brought from his body to the sick, and the diseases left them, and the evil spirits went out of them. (See also Rom.15:19, 2 Cor.12:12)

Paul Constantly Verifies his Apostolic Position

Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle (not sent from men nor through the agency of man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised Him from the dead),

Galatians 1:11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ. ... 15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb and called me through His grace, 16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, ...

1 Timothy 2:7 For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

Galatians 2:8 (for He who effectually worked for Peter in his apostleship to the circumcised effectually worked for me also to the Gentiles),

(Continue with Part 5 of this study here.)


No comments:

Post a Comment