⭐ See my Q&A and WhatsApp Blogs ✨ (For bible questions and post responses) ✨

The Stages of Christ's Ascension and Return (Part 6)

The Stages of Christ's Ascension and Return (Part 6)

It is important to maintain the context from part 5 in this study and remember that Paul's writings encompass ALL of the coming of Christ, across both Mystery and Kingdom Programs. When Paul writes about Christ's return, he does not always focus exclusively on the Body of Christ! Our rapture only makes up part of the details that Paul lays out as he documents the WHOLE of Christ's return and the order (or sequence) of the raptures and resurrections. Please keep this in mind as we continue in this study.

I'd like to present you with two passages of scripture, that, when read in the context I'll be presenting, have recently 'blown my mind'! As far back as I can remember, I have read these two passages with the understanding that they give a picture of our rapture and the return of Jesus Christ for the Church, which is His Body. I can also say with certainty that most Christians, at least in my circles, also understand these passages to represent the events of the rapture of the Body of Christ. Well, recently, in my research and personal studies of this topic, I have learned of, and agree with, a very different interpretation of these passages. I'd like to introduce these two scripture passages in this post, and in the next post, give you my new interpretation of them.

This first passage is in one of Paul's earliest epistles, written to the Thessalonians. The subject of the scripture verses is specific to the 'return' of Jesus Christ and the events that will happen at His return.

1 Thess.4:16-17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  17  Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

I know you recognize the above scripture. You may have read it, and heard it, many times before. I'm also rather sure that you, like myself, have connected its details to us, the Body of Christ, in this present day. Right? 

Now, with this passage in mind, let's have a look at the second one, also written by Paul in one of his early missionary epistles to the Corinthians. Where the subject of the first one is on the 'return' of Christ, and the events regarding that, the subject of this second passage is on the 'rapture' event, and the details surrounding this.

1 Cor.15:51-52 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed [raptured], 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

It is undeniable that the scripture passage above reveals the mystery of the rapture event. But, as you will see when we deep dive into this verse, and reveal the context I have discovered, there is a lot more to it than what meets the eye, and what you discover will clear up much confusion, and answer many questions you might have about these verse details. What details? Let me list a few.

  1. What is the trumpet referred to in both passages? There is so much debate and opinions about it, and just about every commentary provides a different explanation.
  2. Why is there a shout, and also the voice of an archangel? Is the archangel shouting or are these two different calls?
  3. Why did Paul describe the rapture by using a 'moment' and a 'twinkling of an eye'?
  4. Who are the dead which will be raised when the trumpet sounds?
  5. What is the reason for meeting the Lord in the clouds?

If I have piqued your interest, or if you are eager to learn how I might interpret these verses, stay tuned. I'll be sharing all the details in the next post. For now, I trust I have motivated you to study these verses again and see for yourself what you might find within them.


No comments:

Post a Comment