⭐ See content on my other sites here

How does Romans 5 to 8 work in a Human Being? (Part 5 - Redeemed Israel gets a NEW Heart, Grace Believers get a NEW Mind)

How does Romans 5 to 8 work in a Human Being? (Part 5 - Redeemed Israel gets a NEW Heart, Grace Believers get a NEW Mind)

If you have been following this series of posts, you will be familiar with the two opposing lives (and laws) within the grace believer. In Romans chapter 7, Paul tells us about the war between the heart (the outer man) and the spiritual mind (the inner man), and how they are contrary to each other. Just read this short passage again to get the context,

Rom 7:14-24  For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.  15  For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.  16  If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.  17  Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.  18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.  19  For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.  20  Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.  21  I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.  22  For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:  23  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.  24  O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

Now, I want to remind you that this is the 'war' that occurs only within the soul of a grace believer today. Remember that the 'spirit of the mind' (Eph.4:23) is created in a person at the moment they get saved. In part 3 of this series, I provided scripture references that confirms this. So, an unbeliever does NOT have the 'spirit of the mind', and thus, does not have this war within them. They might have a bit of a conscience that tells them right from wrong, but certainly not this opposing battle that caused Paul to cry out, "O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?" Rom 7:24.

An unbeliever today lives from their heart and from their carnal mind. These are both stained by sin. Recall that Jeremiah says,

Jer 17:9  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

In addition to the above, I provided a few scriptures in part 2 of this series that proved the heart of man is predominantly evil and rebellious. See the following again if reference is needed: Mar 7:21; Pro 4:23; Pro 23:7; Mat 15:8; Luk 6:45. 

Redeemed Israel gets a NEW Heart

What I now want to bring to your attention is a contrast between the evil heart of unbelievers in this dispensation, versus the NEW heart of redeemed Israel at the second coming of Jesus Christ at the end of the tribulation. This is a fascinating topic, and the Word is clear on the contrast between these two dispensations. In summation, let me put it all in a single sentence. The heart of men is evil, therefore, we, today, are given a NEW mind, and Paul tells us to fill it with the Word of God so that it overwhelms (or diminishes) the heart, but as we'll see, Israel, as part of the Kingdom dispensation, does NOT get a new mind, but rather, the Lord removes the old (evil) heart, and gives them a brand NEW heart. Let's have a look at some scripture,

Ezek 36:26  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Jer 31:33  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. 

Mat 5:8  Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

1Pet 1:22  Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: 

1Pet 3:4  But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price: 

The verses above are all in reference to the new covenant. This will come into effect at the second coming of Christ after the tribulation. The remnant of Jews that fled into the wilderness at the mid-point of the tribulation will meet with their Messiah. Jesus will pour out His Spirit upon them and fulfil prophecy regarding a nation being born in a day, and regarding His people being a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.

The new covenant provides Israel with a new heart, not a new mind. You and I today, as grace believers have a new mind, the mind of Christ, 1Cor 2:16. Israel never gets a new mind, but Israel gets a new heart that replaces the evil and rebellious heart. It is this new heart that will be filled with the perfect law of God, to the point that they will not have to teach each other the law, as they will all know it intimately, from the least of them to the greatest. 

There is an incredible passage in first John chapter 3, that informs us that the redeemed of Israel, who have this new heart, will not be able to sin. The law of God will pound so strongly in them, in conjunction with the fact that the millennial kingdom will be without the deceit and temptations of the devil, being locked up in the bottomless pit for that duration, that sin will not be in them. Lets read this passage,

1Jn 3:4-9  Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.  5  And ye know that he [Christ] was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.  6  Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.  7  Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.  8  He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.  9  Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

This passage is often referenced in our modern churches today. However, it is referenced incorrectly and out of context. This passage is not for believers today. Even though we get saved and can fill the NEW mind with the word of God, the battle within us still rages, and sin is still present in our flesh. However, this passage of John is describing the redeemed of Israel in the Millennial Kingdom after they receive that NEW heart, filled with the law of God and the inspiration of the Spirit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment